The Blue Law Group Attorneys
DEDICATED. COMMITTED. AGGRESSIVE.
Mr. Blue is an aggressive and ardent trial lawyer, with a passion for justice. Mr. Blue represents clients in both civil and criminal matters, winning trials not only in Administrative and State court, but also Federal court and the US Tax Court.
- New York University School of Law (NYU), Master’s Degree in Law, Major: Tax Law
- Northwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor, Major: Law
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., with highest honors (summa cum laude), Major: Anthropology
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), B.A., Major: History
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), B.A., Major: Economics
- Board Certified by the State Bar of California as a Specialist in Taxation
- Certified Public Accountant “licensed in State of Illinois”
- Member, San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
Pro Bono/Community Service
- Member, Chamber of Commerce for Rancho Cucamonga
Attorney Michael K. Blue is the principal and head of litigation at The Blue Law Group, with offices in Los Angeles and Rancho Cucamonga, California. Mr. Blue represents clients in these cities as well as in Riverside, Orange, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties, and throughout Southern California in taxation, business, civil, employment law, family law, and criminal defense matters.
Mr. Blue has an extensive educational background. Specifically, he holds three bachelor’s degrees from the University of California, Los Angeles and the University of Texas at Austin, where he graduated with highest honors and Phi Beta Kappa. In addition, Mr. Blue earned his doctorate in law from Northwestern University School of Law, and also earned a master’s degree in taxation from New York University School of Law. He is a member of many of the nation’s most prominent academic honor societies, including (in addition to Phi Beta Kappa) Phi Kappa Phi and Golden Key. Mr. Blue has been licensed to practice law in California since 2010.
In the area of taxation, Mr. Blue possesses enormous almost unparalleled credentials, and this underlying substantial knowledge permits Mr. Blue to handle and understand the most routine to the most complex matters. Specifically, and in addition to his law license, Mr. Blue is a certified public accountant (CPA), holds an LL.M. in Taxation from NYU, and is board-certified by the State Bar of California as a Specialist in Taxation. There are perhaps less-than-10 lawyers in the state of California who possess (all of) these credentials. With this background, Mr. Blue has been able to defend clients against various taxing bodies, such as the IRS and Franchise Tax Board, and in various venues, such as the Superior Court of California and the United States Tax Court.
In the area of business and civil litigation, Mr. Blue has litigated cases involving numerous claims, such as breach of contract and fiduciary duty, intentional interference with prospective economic advantage, trade libel, false advertising, medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, and violation of civil rights such as excessive force, and more.
In the area of employment law, Mr. Blue has litigated cases involving numerous claims, such as wage, overtime, and rest/meal break dispute, failure to reimburse business expenses, racial and gender discrimination, and retaliation based on protected activity. Furthermore, Mr. Blue has also consulted and assisted numerous clients in incorporating their businesses, drafting partnership, shareholder, and buy/sell agreements, and numerous other contracts related to business.
Regarding family law, Mr. Blue has represented numerous clients in virtually every area of family law, including hotly contested matters involving child support, custody, property division, restraining orders, the sale of the marital home, assets siphoned to support extramarital affairs, setting aside forced signings of marital agreements, and the like.
Finally, Mr. Blue’s robust experience in criminal defense includes representing numerous individuals accused of (or the threatened accusation of) crimes such as fraud, insurance fraud, tax evasion, embezzlement, attempted murder, driving under the influence, drug possession and intent to distribute, rape, grand/petty theft, conspiracy to commit murder, and numerous other purported crimes
- Judgment for over $9 million against defendants for fraud, RICO, professional negligence, unfair competition, and untrue/misleading advertising, 2017
- Judgment in U.S. Tax Court in favor of taxpayer corporation over a two-year intense audit finding no deficiencies in income tax due, as alleged by the IRS, 2017
- Settlement with two national retail stores for premises liability cases, 2017
- Settlement at the IRS Office of Appeals, ending a two-year intensely contested audit of a taxpayer and its spouse, and approximately 15 corporations owned by the taxpayer–resulting in no additional taxes to be paid, 2017
- Judgment in U.S. Tax Court in favor of taxpayer, resulting in a finding that not only was no tax liability due as alleged by the IRS (e.g., “no deficiency in income tax”), but also a finding that a refund was due to the taxpayer by the IRS, 2014
- Settlement with a prominent university for a case involving gender discrimination, 2013
- Settlement with a governmental entity for a case involving civil rights (excessive use of force)
- Represented client in juvenile dependency court, facing an “e” charge (i.e., intentional child abuse with the county alleging fear the child would be killed–resulting in an alleged subdural hemorrhage, four fractured ribs, and an alleged multiple acts of vicious battery to the face of the six-month old child). Put differently, the county was attempting to permanently take the client’s six-month old child–with no interest whatsoever in a negotiated settlement to return the child to the client at any point in the future. Despite having no expert available due to limited funds (where an expert was desperately needed), the (e) charge was nevertheless defeated on the basis of a thorough and compltely destructive annihilation of the government’s medical doctor expert, with a pediatric specialty and a child abuse sub-specialty. No lawyer had won on an “e” charge in that courtoom for at least five years according to reports, and many juvenile dependency lawyers have never even heard of defeating an “e” charge–but the “e” charge was defeated and the Court set forth directives for reunification of the child with client., 2017
- Represented client accused of driving under the influence, however, after securing the police video and analyzing the police reports–noted major discrepancies undermining the police officer’s credibility–the prosecutor agreed to reduce the charge to a traffic violation/infraction. This was particularly important as the client was a legal resident that potentially could have faced substantial immigration problems–which were altogether averted by the reduction of charges to a mere infraction., 2017
- Represented client in a case where the county took the client’s real estate property in a tax sale alleging the client owed property taxes. After filing lawsuit against the county, the new purchaser of the property in the tax sale, and numerous agents of the county, including two consecutive tax assessors–the new purchaser acquiesced and agreed to return the property for a relatively small amount of money–while the county also acquiesced and agreed to pay the client various sums to avoid continued litigation., 2017
- Represented client in state criminal court accused of conspiracy to commit murder, with the result being the complete dropping of all charges by the prosecution., 2017